I am now a RealtorŪ registered in Ontario Canada!
Please visit my Real Estate site:
To me, moonlighting as a realtor has multiple benefits:
- I've heard a lot and believed being a salesperson can mature oneself both professionally and personally (as parent or spouse).
- Be a role model for the child - step out of one's comfort zone and take on new or multi-level challenges.
- My daughter has turned a teenager so I have plenty of free time.
- It's always nice to make extra money (without killing oneself).
- Understand and stay on top of the pulse of social and economic needs.
- Being an introvert AND an adult immigrant from a non-English-speaking country, I find it crucial to go to some "communication gym" (Toastmasters) as well as do the actual sales.
- Prepare oneself for post-retirement, and to be more useful to others.
- Escape from the love-hate emotion derived from too much focus on one job.